It is expected that Visvesvaraya Technological University will announce VTU 5th sem results of VTU 3rd sem results for 2017 examinations within this week. The varsity is almost done with 7th sem results which remain only for Bangalore region.
7th semester results for Mysore region were declared yesterday and Bangalore region’s results are expected by today morning. Update on results here.
We have also heard that the results of many students has been withheld for one subject or more. Comment below if that’s the case with you.
Original Story: VTU on Friday morning declared the results of the students who appeared for 7th semester examinations held in Dec 2016-Jan 2017 studying under regular semester scheme. But the take is that the results are only out for Kalaburagi region & Belagavi region, and the results of Mysore and Bengaluru region remains to be published. It’s happened before too and even now the clouds of uncertainty loom over the declaration of results.
It’s a situation which has been like this for over 4 months now, and even the examinations of even semesters would begin next month. So, the results of last semesters aren’t out and the next semester exams are already in sights!
Time and time again VTU has failed to deliver on it’s statement to the media. In mid-April, VTU said in talks with TOI that results announcement will begin in two weeks, which it did, but it’s been one week after that and the results remain mostly of all semesters.
Update: In the middle of this writing, we received a tip form a student at our FB page, where the student said that when she called VTU asking for results, the official said that results will take another 4-5 days in declaration. Now, nobody knows what to make of the situation. Updates will follow as we are digging in more for updates.
Our take on Expected dates of results
• It is expected that VTU results of 7th semester for the remaining regions would be place online in the evening today or by tomorrow (Saturday) morning at max, following the trends VTU has set here.
• VTU 7th sem results of Bangalore region: expected by May 05, 2017 evening or May 06, 2017 morning.
• VTU 7th semester results of Mysore region: expected in the same time frame. Here are Mysore region VTU colleges codes, you may need them.
• VTU results 7th sem 2017 of Belagavi (Belgaum) region; by May 05 evening or May 06 morning.
VTU college codes region-wise:
- Mysore region VTU college codes: check here.
- Bangalore region VTU college codes: check here.
- Belagavi (Belgaum) region VTU college codes: check here.
- Kalaburagi (Gulbarga) region VTU college codes: check here.
Apart from the B.E./B.Tech 7th semester results, results of other semester examinations (1st year, 2nd year, 5th semester) are also on the verge of announcement going by the statement made by VTU officials to the local media. Here are some images of the news in paper (on the left) yesterday.
The varsity, in turn, cites the reason of delay the extra pressure of conducting crash course exams and results. Outsourcing of answer script scanners and digital evaluation machines related issues also marred the evaluation process causing delay.
And since the varsity has published the results of crash course exams of 1st to 6th semesters, it is holding those exams again for 5th and 7th semester students. This is being done so as to avoid extra pressure of two exams at the same time. The time table for crash course exams can be checked here. Practical exams are from May 13 and theory examinations begin from May 19, 2017. The revaluation results of crash course exams are also poised for declaration in upcoming week if things go right and VTU abides by it’s statements.