The Visvesvaraya Technological University has granted affiliation to eight more colleges, said a press noted issued by the Registrar of the University.
With this, VTU now has 220 colleges under it’s cap. The University already had education authority in the state of Karnataka which allowed any institute providing programme in engineering or technology to be affiliated with it.
VTU, one of the biggest public state Universities in the country has an intake of close to 4.75 lakh students in under graduate courses and around 13 thousand in post graduate courses along with around 1800 P.hD candidates. The vastness of courses offered by the University is spanned to 30 UG programmes and 71 PG programmes.
The new 8 colleges which earned VTU’s affiliation are:
- Sir M.V. School of Architecture, Bengaluru.
- HMS School of Architecture, NH 4, Kyathsandra, Tumkur
- Nadgir Institute of Engineering and Technology, Bengaluru
- Brindavan School of Architecture, Bengaluru
- Maharaja Institute of Technology, Mysuru
- A.J. Institute of Engineering And Technology, Mangaluru
- Angadi School of Architecture, Belagavi
- Nitte School of Architecture, Bengaluru.
The details of these colleges can be viewed in notice put online by the VTU at it’s website. These colleges, all of which will hold affiliation fo Architecture and Technology courses will be valid for taking admission for academic session 2016-17.
Check: VTU results
Recently, VTU also inked an pact with Mines Department to M-sand, according to which, the civil engineering department of all VTU-affiliated institutions will be authorised to undertake testing of M-sand samples produced in the state of Karnataka.