The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has invited applications from eligible candidates for CDS (Combined Defence Services) Examination I, 2018 including SSC women (non-technical) course. As per the notification released by UPSC on the official website Union, Public Service Commission (UPSC) will conduct Combined Defence Service (CDS) I examination 2018 on February 4, 2017. Candidates are required to apply online by using the website. The Online Applications can be filled from November 08, 2017 up to December 04, 2017 till 6 pm.
Combined Defence Services Examination will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission will be conducted for the following courses:
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun—146th (DE) Course commencing in January 2019 [including 13 vacancies reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders] – 100
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala—Course commencing in January 2019 Executive (General Service) [including 06 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders (Naval Wing)] – 45
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad—(Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in February 2019 i.e. No. 205 F(P) Course – 32
- Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)— 109th SSC (Men) Course (NT) commencing in April 2019. (including 50 vacancies for NCC ‘C’ certificate holders for NCC Spl. Entry) – 225
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai—23rd SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course commencing in April 2019 – 12.
Centres of Examination – The Examination will be held at the following Centres : Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Allahabad, Bengaluru, Bareilly, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Dharwad, Dispur, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jorhat, Kochi, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji (Goa), Patna, Port Blair, Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Udaipur And Visakhapatnam.
Application Fee – Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200 either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of SBI or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
Application Form – The filling of online application contains two parts. In Part I registration, the candidate will have to fill basic information. On submission of details, the candidate will be prompted to check the details and make the correction, if any, in the application. Part-II Registration consists of following Stages. filling up Payment details (except for fee exempted candidates), selection of examination centre, uploading of Photograph and Signature and agreeing to the declaration. Registration of Part-I & Part-II will be treated as valid from 12-00 noon of November 08, 2017 to 18-00 hrs of December 04, 2017 and applicants making force entry outside the above timings will be treated as invalid.
Features of Scanned Photograph & Signature – Scanned photograph should be in JPG format. The digital size of the file must be less than 40 kb and greater than 3 kb and resolution 140-pixel height by 110-pixel width and Bit Depth of image file should be 24 bit. Upload your scanned signature in JPG format. The digital size of each file must be less than 40 kb.
Upon successful completion of your complete application, an auto-generated email will be sent to your registered email id.