St Stephen’s College introduces its own new Entrance test to take admissions

Every year St. Stephen’s College carries out the separate examination that would decide the eligibility of the students who want to seek admission. The process comes out with a personal interview followed by the cut offs achieved in the class XII examination. And from this year the written exam for half-n-hour would also be conducted to make the best judgment. The new decision has been taken on 14th May 2015 by Valson Thampu, the Principal of St. Stephen’s College. However, whether the test would be based on aptitude questions or subject related queries is yet to be decided. The exam procedure reveals that 85% marks would be from the best 4 subjects and the rest 15% would be allotted for the personality test. Opposition came from the teachers’ association but still the college authority is strict to their decision. According to Nandita Narain, the Mathematics teacher in the college the test would be good but it would be better if it carries objective type of questions. Such options would be helpful for the students to manage within a short time scoring better percentage.

St Stephens admission 2015
St Stephens college, Delhi campus

The college completely follows it’s own guidelines despite of being under DU and only the best merits get the chance to study here. The common criteria from DU is not accepted by the institute, as they think that’s not good to set up a better educational status for the college. Here is given the list of the courses that one can opt for while getting admitted consisting of Pass courses, Bachelor of Arts (Pass course), Bachelor of Science (Pass course), Honors courses, Economics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Philosophy, English, History and Sanskrit.

Check out- Delhi University admissions to start from 28th may 2015

Now, you need to select the best option that would help you to build up the bright career ensuring the ultimate success. Make sure that you are confident studying the particular course and would be able to score the suitable percentage that’s necessary to qualify. It’s the first college under DU that releases the distinct cut off marks completely based on merit.

Looking onto the previous year here is the list of cut offs revealing the eligibility criteria for the individual subjects. See the features below:

98% for English and Economics
97% for History and Philosophy
96.33% for Chemistry
96.66% for Physics
65% for Sanskrit

Being one of most prestigious college under the affiliation of Delhi University, the cut off percentage remains among top notch scorers for St Stephen’s. Know more about Delhi University admission cut off list 2015 announcement dates and this year’s expectations here and how much hike in board results overall percentage will affect the cut off lists.

So, it gives a brief idea about the status of the cut offs that make the students eligible to seek admission at St. Stephen’s College achieving the dream career. Go through beneficial points that are helpful for the candidates who are going to sit for the admission test. Here are the following tips to know:

  • Respective department would develop the question paper and the pattern would become different from morning and afternoon session
  • Answer paper would be checked by the particular group of faculty and the personal interview would taken by different faculty
  • The one who’s allotted for the interview would not be able to have a look on the answer sheet for written test

So, these are the effective features that are strictly followed while executing the admission procedure according to the merits.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *