SSC MTS was held yesterday in two shifts. SSC MTS answer key and question paper of both the shifts are uploaded below courtesy of the sources mentioned.
Paper cancellation: A press note by Press Information Bureau (PIB) has just notified that SSC MTS exam 2017 held on April 30 has been cancelled and will be re-conducted. The decision has been taken in the light of paper leakage which we reported of earlier in the evening here.
SSC to hold Re-Examination of Paper-I (Afternoon Shift) of MTS Examination 2016 held today https://t.co/4TfLaWVE7v
— PIB India (@PIB_India) April 30, 2017
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has started conducting Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) 2017 examination today. The answer key SSC MTS 2017 examination will be updated here with analysis and review of both morning and evening shifts. Question paper and answers have been uploaded for morning shift, evening shift will follow.
The examination will be conducted on four more dates i.e., 14th May, 28th May, 4th June and 11th June, 2107. April 30 exam was today.
Since the examination is in offline mode, candidates get to take the question paper home, hence, it would be easy for aspirants to tally the answers they have marked in the test versus the answers provided in answer keys. SSC MTS answer keys will be provided by many of the coaching institutions and some online test preparation sources as well. For you, we’ll be keeping watch on the answer keys, analysis/review and will post it here.
Reportedly, SSC MTS paper of 2nd shift today (April 30) has been allegedly leaked online. The images of question paper with answer keys were posted online even before the exam started.
We don’t know yet what effects the issue will have on the rest of the exams as we await clarity from SSC.
SSC multitasking staff exam being held is apparently paper 1. Paper 2 will be held on 17th December, 2017 as per the exam calendar by SSC.
Expectedly, SSC will release the official answer keys for MTS 2017 written test after the conclusion of 11th June paper and it remains unknown if the commission will simultaneously upload the keys for each paper on the said dates. It all keys come at once, it may take time as SSC does for all exams. Expect SSC MTS official answer keys by June-end then or even later.
But all is not lost, as said, unofficial answer keys will be provided by many coaching centres and test preparation portals by today evening or on Monday itself. As available, updates will follow here. Here are some question papers of today’s SSC MTS 2017 exam, assorted form the internet.
Shift 1 (10 am to 12 noon) SSC MTS exam analysis/review
Subject matter experts have cited that paper’s level was quite easy, which in turn may increase the cut off.
- Quantitative aptitude section was easy. 2 questions were asked from bar graph, 2 questions each from topics of Time and work, SI & CI, average and partnership, and Percentage. 11-12 questions came form topics on mensuration, profit & loss, and speed distance & time.
- English section had 50 questions, was of moderate level, yet nothing scary.
- Reasoning section was easy. Analogy, Arithmetic operations, series and classification played a big part here.
- General awareness section was of easy to moderate level. It had 10 Qs from Geography, 8 Qs from Biology & Physics, Economy, Polity & computers, and current affairs had 5 Qs each.
Shift 2 (2 pm to 4 pm) analysis
It was based on the same pattern as first shift. However, compared to first shift, paper was a level up. You can check detailed analysis here.
Tricky Selection criteria:
The selection criteria for SSC MTS is different from most of the exams and it’s a bit tricky to understand at first. But here’s how it will go down.
- SSC will first publish the results of paper 1 which will contain the list of candidates shortlisted to appear for paper 2.
- Paper 2 will be conducted only for such candidates who will meet the prescribed cut off in paper 1 for different categories.
- The candidates will qualify for paper 2 on the basis of paper 1 results.
- Then those who will appear for paper 2, will have obtain a minimum cut off marks/qualifying marks set by SSC in order to be considered for merit.
- Qualifying/cut off marks in paper 2 might be different from paper 1.
- Finally, the merit list will be prepared on the basis of paper 1 of those candidates who also appeared in paper 2 and met the basic qualifying standards for each state.
Exam analysis and review will be up here by evening or tomorrow morning. Come back by then.
So, how was your SSC MTS 2017 exam?