SSC CPO 2017 notification is out for recruitment to SI, CAPFs and ASIs in CISF examination-2017.
Here are the highlights.
- Application form starting date- April 22, 2017.
- Application form last date- May 15, 2017.
- Paper 1 dates- June 30 to July 07, 2017.
- Total vacancies are 2,221.
- No change in exam pattern,
- English is still here.
The SSC CPO 2017 notification has been released online at www.ssc.nic.in earlier today. In the notification, The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) notified that the exams for the recruitment to Sub Inspectors (SI) in Delhi Police, CAPFs and Assistant Sub Inspectors in CISF examination-2017 will be held in computer based mode. The exam dates proposed here for paper-I are from June 30, 2017 to July 07, 2017. Paper 2 will be on October 8, 2017.
With the issuance of notification, the process to apply for the exam has also begun. Candidates may visit the SSC official website (www.ssc.nic.in) to apply for SSC CPO 2017 recruitment exam today onward and the last date has set as May 15, 2017 (5 pm).
The recruitment process is to fill the vacancies on following posts, and these vacancies are tentative:-
- A total of 616 vacancies are on offer for Sub-Inspector (male) in Delhi Police.
- 256 vacancies are for Women Sub-Inspectors in Delhi Police.
- A total of 697 vacancies are there of Sub-Inspectors (GD) in CAPFs which includes vacancies in BSF, CISF, CRPF, ITBP and SSB. For Women, there are 89 vacancies in this category.
- For ASI (executive) in CAPFs, there are 507 vacancies for male candidates and 56 for women candidates.
- So, on the whole, total 2,221 vacancies have been notified through SSC CPO/SI/ASI recruitment 2017 examination.
Scheme of exam:
The paper 1 will be computer based, of 2 hours duration and will have 200 questions for 200 marks. The paper will consist of four sections; General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Knowledge and General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, and English comprehension. Each section will have 50 questions of 50 marks.
Apart from English section, question paper will be set in English and Hindi languages.
Paper 2, scheduled for October 8, 2017, will also be of 2 hours duration. It will have 200 questions for 200 marks, and questions will be asked based on English language & comprehension.
Both the papers will have multiple choice based questions. The provision of negative marking is also there which indicates that 0.25 mark will be deducted from a candidate’s score for each wrong answer.
Apart from the online examination, candidates would also have to take physical efficiency (endurance) test. The details regarding PET for all posts can be viewed in the official notification carefully as PET will be of qualifying nature.
While women and candidates from SC/ST an d Ex-Servicemen categories are exempted from paying any application fee for SSC CPO 2017 application form, other candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs 100/- as per prescribed method.
Candidates may visit ssc.nic.in to read the full official notification.