Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology (SLIET) has released the notification for SET 2017. The varsity is going to conduct the SLIET Entrance Test (SET) on 4th June and 2nd July, 2017 and for which the registration process has already begun.
The registrations for the SET are active since 30th March, and the last date to apply is 8th May 2017. While, those who wants to apply for the Ph.D. programme, can apply till 14th June 2017.
The exam on 4th June will be held for aspirants who will register for ICD, B.E. and Masters programmes and the exam on 2nd July will be for Ph.D aspirants. The eligibility criteria for all the programmes including B.E., Masters etc., is different and can be checked from the information brochure uploaded by university.
To fill the SET 2017 application form, the aspirants needs to go the ‘New Registration’ Page of the official website. On the next step, you will be asked to pay the application fees. The application fee can be paid through E-Challan, Debit Card/ Credit Card, Net Banking and the fee details are as –
- General and other categories (Boys) – Rs. 1200/-.
- General and other categories (Girls) – Rs. 800/-.
- SC/ST ( Both Boys & Girls) – Rs. 600/-.
The university is going to conduct the SET 2017 at a total of 64 examination centres, which includes all districts of Punjab state and major cities across the nation.
Online counselling and document verification will be done from 15th June to 11th August, 2017. SLIET has mentioned in the notification that the first provisional allotment will be released on 21st June 2017 for SET-I, SET-IA,SET-III & SET-V, and the payment of the seat confirmation fee should be done from 21st to 26th June, 2017.
Also, as per notification, it is mandatory for all applicants to appear in person during the document verification, failing to which the may result in cancellation of the candidacy.
The admit cards for the SET 2017 will be available from 25th May, 2017 on the official website and can be downloaded by the participants by logging in into the website. In case of any discrepancies, the participant needs to get in touch with the authority but not later than 1st June, 2017.
The participants will have to submit one copy of their SLIET SET 2017 at the respective examination centre and the other copy shall be retained for future use.
SLIET Entrance Test 2017 Important Dates
- Registration Begins – 30th March, 2017.
- Last Date to apply – 8th May, 2017.
- Last date to apply for Ph.D programme – 14th June, 2017.
- Admit card availability – 25th May, 2017.
- Date of Examination – 4th June, 2017 and 2nd July for Ph.D.
- Choice Filling Online – 15th June to 19th June, 2017.
- Group Discussion & Interview for MBA – 3rd July, 2017.
- Interview for Ph.D – 5th July, 2017.
- Result Declaration – 7th July for Ph.D and MBA programmes and 14th June, 2017 for other.
Help desk of the university can be reached on working days from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (IST) on :01672-253178, 253179, 09815048837.