The admission process for the full time Ph.D. Program along with scholarship offered by Manipal University kick-started on August 26, 2015 and will end on September 30, 2015. The session will being from January 1, 2016.
Manipal Academy of Higher Education which is popularly known by the name of Manipal University is a deemed University located in the Indian State of Karnataka. At present the renowned University has 28000 students who belong to 57 different nations. The university is also a member of Association of Commonwealth Universities and has its branch campuses in Bangalore, Mangalore, Sikkim, Jaipur, Dubai, Malaysia and Antigua.
Manipal University offers courses ranging from undergraduate level till Ph.D. level. Admissions to the post graduate courses and undergraduate courses for the academic session 2015-16 are almost on the verge of completion.
Manipal University offers Ph.D. in the following disciplines: Allied Health Sciences, Basic Science, Engineering, Information Science, Medicine, Pharmacy, Statistics, Management, Regenerative Medicine, Life Sciences, Library & Information Science, Communication, Atomic & Molecular Physics, European Studies and Natural Sciences
Duration of the Ph.D. Course offered by the esteemed University is Six months probationary period +3 years.
Required Qualification Measures:
- Nationality: Indian Nationals and Foreign/NRI candidates are eligible to apply.
- Academic Qualifications: Candidate should have master’s degree or equivalent degree in the respective subject.
- Candidate should have secured minimum 60% aggregate marks in master’s Degree Course.
To apply for the Ph.D. Course, candidates have to download the Application Form available at the official website.
Once downloaded, make sure to fill the Application form with utmost care. While filling the Application Form mention the college code along with the area of research in the space provided in the form
The duly filled in Application form has to be submitted at the below mentioned address by September 30, 2015 along with the above mentioned enclosures either via hand or by speed/registered post:
Manipal – 576104
Note: If you wish to apply for more than one college, separate application forms are required to be filled.
Candidates are required to pay Rs. 600 towards the Application charges. Application Fee is non refundable. Rs. 600 has to be paid in the form of Demand Draft which has to be drawn in favour of ‘Manipal University’ payable at Manipal/Udupi.
Enclosures to be sent along with the Application Form
- Attested copy of the degree certificate of qualifying examinations
- Attested copies of the marks cards of qualifying examinations
- Any other relevant documents
- Demand Draft
Marks obtained in the previous qualifying examinations, publication and research experience the candidates will be taken into consideration to shortlist the candidates.
Further the shortlisted candidates will be called for the written test and interview (date and venue will be notified later on the official website).
Final Selection will be done on the basis of the Interview, written test conducted and fulfilment of the eligibility criteria.
Annual Fee Structure
- Candidates belonging to General Category are required to pay Rs. 52,000
- Candidates belonging to Foreign/NRI category are required to pay $4500
Scholarship Schemes offered by Manipal University to Ph.D. fellows
- During the Probationary Period of 6 months candidates will be paid Rs. 14000 per month towards the scholarship Amount.
- In First Year the candidates will be paid Rs. 16000 per month
- In the Second Year they will be paid Rs. 17000 per month
- In the Final Year they will be paid Rs. 18000 per month