Panjab University releases B.Com Merit List (Final)

Panjab University B.Com merit list (final) will be published on June 29 at 6 PM. The tentative merit list has already been put out by the varsity on June 26. The tentative merit list for B.Com-I admissions witnessed highest merit score as 114.374, while it was recorded as 114.7 last year.

panjab university logoAs the tentative merit list was released, students were able to file objections by June 27. Following the process, Panjab University released the schedule for first counselling on Tuesday and students are now waiting for final merit list which is slated to be released on June 29. A total of 7,412 students have applied for B.Com-I while the tentative merit list consisted the names of 2,831 students.

There are 2,380 seats for B.Com at Panjab University and its affiliated colleges. Out of all seats, 85 percent seats are reserved for students belonging to UT, while remaining 15 percent seats come under All India quota. PU officials said the counselling will be done in two rounds and the varsity will consider third round, in case the seats remain vacant.

B.Com Admissions Chief Co-ordinator Prof. Sanjay Kaushik said the first round of counselling will be held from July 1 to 4 at Law Auditorium of Panjab University. The university had received 8,912 registrations while 8,063 applicants took the printout for fee submission, but 7,412 students deposited their fee as the last date for application ended.

As per the counselling schedule released by Panjab University, the counselling for admissions in B.Com-I will be conducted from July 1 to 4. General category candidates will have three days from July 1 to report to the venue as per their ranks. On July 3, reserved category candidates will also participate in the counselling along with general category candidates. Candidates belonging to reserved categories will have to participate in the counselling on July 4 as per their respective category. Counselling for admissions in Department of Evening Studies, PU Chandigarh will be done on July 4.

Earlier the dedicated web portal for Panjab University B.Com admissions was launched by University Vice-Chancellor Prof. Arun K. Grover.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *