Nursery admissions 2018-19 start in Delhi, application last date is 17 January

Nursery Admissions in the national capital have started from December 27 onwards for the academic session 2018-19. The admission process is being held for admission in entry-level classes in 1700 private unaided recognized schools of Delhi under the rules framed by Directorate of Education (DoE). The application submission will continue up to January 17, 2018, for the 75% seats in 1700 schools across the city. The remaining 25% seats reserved for the economically weaker section or disadvantaged category (EWS/ DG) category will be filled centrally by the government.

nursery admission 2018-19 delhi
Nursery admissions for the session 2018-19 in Delhi Schools has started, the last date for submission of application form is 17th January, 2018.

Likewise last year, this year the admission process has started for all 1700 schools. The parents can start collecting the admission forms from the respective schools. The last date to submit the application form is January 17, 2018, and the parents will have to pay Rs. 25 as the registration fee for nursery admission 2018-19. All these schools have the right to decide what all points they should be including in the list. But, they will have to stay away from 62 criteria abolished by the Delhi High Court in a 2016 order. Some of the pointers that are included in the scrapped ones are an oral test, interview, education, age and profession of parents.

For admission to pre-school (nursery), pre-primary (kindergarten) and Class I, the minimum age limit is three years, four years and five years respectively as on March 31 in the year in which admission is being sought. There is no upper age limit. The schools were given time till December 26 to upload the criteria that they are adopting to conduct the admission.

According to an official, “The admission process for general category seats will commence from December 27, 2017. Apart from the abolished criteria, the schools have been given autonomy to come up with their own point system.” Further, he said the schools have been instructed to be fair, reasonable, well-defined, equitable, non-discriminatory, unambiguous and transparent in their admission criteria.

A monitoring cell will also be set-up in each district under the chairmanship of the deputy director (district) to ensure that each school uploads the criteria and their points on the online module available on the DoE’s website, www.edudel.nic.in.

Since last year, among the major unjustified outrageous criteria that have been omitted from the admission norms, include points for proficiency of parents in extra co-curricular activities like music, sports; parental education, financial status of parents, points for working parents, proficiency of the child in extra co-curricular activities, permanent residency in Delhi, language skills, etc.

Manish Sisodia, Deputy Chief Minister and Minister for Education, said, “Delhi government has just two expectations from private schools – transparency in the admission process and fixing of fees on the basis of real expenses of schools. They should not earn profit from it.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *