National Institute of Fashion and Technology (NIFT) every year conducts an entrance exam on all India basis for admission to Undergraduate and Postgraduate Degree Programs. The eligible candidate seeks admission in Bachelor of Design, Master of Design, Bachelor of Fashion Technology, Master of Fashion Management and Master of Fashion Technology. Details of NIFT 2017 admissions have been released.
Online Application for the academic session 2017-18 kick started from November 2, 2016 and will end on January 10, 2017. Last date for online registration with late fee of INR 5000 is January 16, 2017. The admit cards can be downloaded from the official website of NIFT from January 21, 2017. Written entrance examination for both UG & PG programmes will be done on February 12, 2017. Situation Test / Group Discussion and Interview are expected to be held in the month of April- May 2017. The final results are expected to be declared by the end of May or starting of June 2017. Counselling but obviously will be conducted in the month of July 2017.
Courses offered at NIFT
- Bachelor of Design – B. Des (Fashion Design / Leather Design /Accessory Design /Textile Design /Knitwear Design /Fashion Communication)
- Bachelor of Fashion Technology – B.F. Tech
- Master of Design – M. Des
- Master of Fashion Management – MFM
- Master of Fashion Technology- M.F. Tech.
NIFT 2017 Examination Pattern
The written entrance examination is designed to test the knowledge, skill and aptitude of the candidates for the programme opted. There is no negative marking.
- On the basis of result of written test GAT and CAT, B.Des candidates will be called for second test called Situation Test.
- For B.F.Tech., GAT will be the final test for selection.
- The candidates for M.Des will take GAT and CAT. On the basis of result of GAT and CAT, in case of M.Des. and GAT in case of M.F Tech and MFM, candidates will be called for Group Discussion/Personal Interview.
List of NIFT Campus in India – NIFT has 15 campuses in India
NIFT Bengaluru, NIFT Bhubaneswar, NIFT Bhopal, NIFT Chennai, NIFT Gandhinagar, NIFT Hyderabad, NIFT Jodhpur, NIFT Kangra (Himachal Pradesh), NIFT Kannur, NIFT Kolkata, NIFT Mumbai, NIFT New Delhi, NIFT Patna, NIFT Raebareli, NIFT Shillong.