In a good news for Indian entrepreneurs, Microsoft has decided to offer its azure cloud services to Indian start-ups free of cost. The Global software firm wishes to speed up the entrepreneurial atmosphere of the country with this remarkable venture.
Here are the key points of the entire project which is expected to boost up the start-up business across the country.
* The Azure cloud service which has an estimated value of 120,000 USD will be offered to qualified start-ups.
* Qualified start-ups will be able to use 10,000 USD worth of credits per month. They will be able to invest in Microsoft services in order to boost their business.
* To qualify for the offer, the start-ups need to be privately held and below five years of age. Their private revenue should be less than 1 million USD per annum. Also they need to be members of Select Accelerator or Venture Capital Firm.
* Azure cloud program provides among other things software, developer tools and technical support to the client start-ups.
* Also apart from the Azure services, qualified start-ups will also receive the whole range of development and test software, visual studio, windows and office tools to help in their business.
Related : Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana, a attempt towards promoting skill development.
* Called Microsoft BIZSPARK, this program is aimed at promoting start-up business worldwide. Microsoft partners 150 start-up accelerators in 47 countries around the world to develop this program.
* In India, Microsoft is planning to associate with 13 start-up accelerators, which include a1SpringBoard, Reliance GENNEXT, Zone start-ups and Pitney Bowes among others to implement the program.
* Emphasis on the need to provide support to start-ups , the Director of Microsoft ventures India has said that they will help early stage companies to improve their innovation and reach to consumers as quickly as possible.
* The B12Spark PLUS Program comes as a welcome news to the Prime Minister’s vision of “Digital India” as well. Incidentally, Microsoft is also participating in other programs of “Digital India” by organizing ‘HACKATHONES’ in colleges across the country.
These are the salient points one needs to know about the Microsoft BIZSPARK PLUS Program which will be a big boost in the arms for rising Indian start-ups.