Registrations have begun for the Maharashtra BEd CET 2017 which is scheduled to be held on May 13 & 14. The State Common Entrance Test Cell notified the test last week. The online registration process commenced on April 5 and will continue up to April 26. This year State CET cell is going to conduct the B.Ed. examination in online mode, which may be assumed as a process to increase transparency in the system.
Shashank Chiklikar, exam coordinator at CET Cell said, “Going online not only increases transparency but also ensures that problems of paper leak and other logistical issues are completely taken care of.”
Last year, a lot of B.Ed. seats were left vacant due to a confusion created by some private colleges, who told the students that a separate exam (apart from BEd CET) would be held for them. For the last year, the intake capacity was 37,730, but only 19,408 students participated in the exam, while only 12,368 seats were claimed. This made some private colleges question the need to conduct CET for B.Ed. admissions in the state.
“Just because seats are available does not mean that anybody can apply to become a teacher. In our college, we would like to get quality students who will ultimately participate in nation building, by imparting education to school kids. An oversupply of seats will auto correct itself with colleges shutting down in the next few years,” said the principal of a private college.
Aspirants from Maharashtra state as well as from other states of the nation having a Bachelor’s/ Master’s Degree in the required disciple are eligible to participate in Mah BEd CET 2017. Aspirants belonging to reserved category can avail the benefit of relaxation in the eligibility criteria by mentioning the Category at the time of filling the BEd CET 2017 Application Form.
- Applicants belonging to the backward classes of Maharashtra state ( (SC, ST, VJDT, NT (A), NT-1 (B), NT-2(C), NT-3(D), OBC and SBC categories) are required to pay Rs. 400/-.
- Aspirants belonging to any other classes are required to pay Rs. 800/- as the application fees.
- Applicants from the other state than Maharashtra will be considered as in the Open/ General category.
- The application fee is non-refundable under any circumstances.
- Certificates for the reserved category might be asked at different levels of MAH B.Ed. CET 2017.
- The application fee can be paid through the online mode only by Internet Payment, Credit Card/ Debit Card (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets. Service/ processing may be charged and are excluded from the application fee, which is applicable as per the chosen mode of payment and the organization providing platform of payment.
To apply, applicants needs to visit http://www.dhepune.gov.in or http://www.mahacet.org
- Before filling BEd CET 2017 application form, one must go through the information brochure, which contains all the required info about the same.
- Applicants will be required to upload the latest passport size photograph and signature.
- Submitting the application form would take you to the payment page, where you will be required to pay the requisite application fee.
- Also, State CET Cell has clearly mentioned in the brochure, that they will reject applications with the blur photograph and signature. The dimensions of the photograph should be 200×230 pixels and the maximum size ranges from 20kb – 50kb.
- For the signature image, the required dimensions are 140×60 and size should be around 10kb-20kb. Aspirants are required to use a black ink pen to sign on a white paper.
State CET Cell has notified that they would release the B.Ed. CET 2017 admit card on May 4. Also, candidates are required to bring a government-issued photo id proof along with the hall ticket, which they require for the verification purposes.
Important Dates for Mah BEd CET 2017
- Registration begins – April 5
- Closure of the registrations – April 26
- Last date to edit the application details – April 26
- Closure of taking printouts of application form – May 15
- Application Fee payment dates – April 5 to 26
- Hall Ticket releases – May 4
- MAH CET B.Ed 2017 Exam Date – May 13 & 14