Kannur University allotment result will be declared this week. The University had earlier published the trial allotment on 3rd June and now the first allotment is to be published. All the students who had submitted the application for Kannur University Centralised Allotment Process (CAP 2017) will be able to check the first allotment result at www.kannuruniversity.ac.in or directly at the www.cap.kannuruniversity.ac.in. To access Kannur University Allotment result, the candidates will have to login to the website by entering application number and password.
As of this moment, the varsity has not confirmed the date of allotment, or the complete schedule of upcoming events with us. We’ll update the article once we know more. It is expected that Kannur University may released first degree UG allotment result on June 7, 2017. If that happens, updates will follow here.
Through the trial allotment published on June 3, the students have already got an idea about the chances of getting allotment to their preferred college and programme. The trial allotment was given to the students on the basis of the ranks and the options registered by them while submitting the application. Shortly after the trial allotment, the students were given a window to revise the options already entered by them.
Based on the revised options, the Kannur University will prepare the first allotment list. Upon logging into the CAP website, the candidates will be able to check the allotment status once declared. The list will display the candidate’s personal details, allotted college & programme and the fee to be remitted. The candidates who get allotment in the first round will have to remit the University fee. Those who fail to remit the fee within the prescribed time will not be considered for further allotment.
After the payment of University fee, the candidates will have to two choices; either to secure admission to the allotted seat by cancelling the higher options or to activate their higher options before the second allotment. The candidate has to download the allotment memo and product it before the Principal of the concerned College at the time of admission.
The admissions to the UG degree programs are regulated on the basis of the marks obtained in the qualifying examination – Plus Two/ Higher Secondary level. The allotment of the candidates to various programmes and colleges will be on the basis of merit strictly following the rules and regulations regarding reservation. In assessing merit, marks will be awarded for extracurricular activities like sports, NCC, NSS etc. of the students. These marks will be added to the marks obtained in the qualifying examination for preparing the rank list.
Kannur University is holding CAP 2017 for admissions to the degree programs under Choice Based Credit and Semester (CBCS) system in the Government/ Aided/ Self-financing colleges affiliated to Kannur University for the academic year 2017-18. The seats available in the Government/ Aided/ Self-financing affiliated colleges are mainly classified as Merit Seats, Community Seats, Management Seats and Reservation Seats.
The seats in Government Colleges are to be filled by following criteria:
- Open quota (on the basis of merit) – 50%
- Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC) – 20%
- Economically Backward among Forward Communities – 10%
- SC – 15%
- ST – 5%
The candidates selected through Kannur University First Allotment list will have to report before the Principal/ Head of the College/ Institution concerned for admission within prescribed dates with the following documents:
- Print out of completed online application generated by the Candidate.
- Printout of Transaction ID (Registration Fee)
- Allotment Memo
- Printout of Transaction ID (University Fees)
- Original mark list of the qualifying examination
- Certificate to prove date of birth
- TC from the Institution last attended
- Course & Conduct Certificate
- Original Community Certificate/BPL Certificate
- Income certificate in the case of OEC candidates
- Non creamy layer certificate in the case of SEBC candidates.
- Original certificates to prove the claim for grace marks, if any.
- Eligibility certificate from the University of Kannur in case of candidates who have passed qualifying examination other than HSE/ VHSE conducted by Government of Kerala or the examination conducted by CBSE and CISCE.
- Any other relevant certificate for any claim made in the application