After being on the run for almost three weeks, the accused in the Siwan journalist Rajdeo Ranjan’s murder case, has surrendered in front of the court. The accused, Laddan Mian surrendered today morning in front of the Chief Judicial Magistrate Court in Siwan.
Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) Arvind Kumar Singh remanded the accused to a 14-day judicial custody.
Laddan Mian, is a close aide of the former RJD MD Shahabuddin and he is also involved in the murder of senior journalist Rajdeo Ranjan. He is the resident of Ram Nagar area under town police station of the district . The court had also earlier asked him to attach his properties. He was given a notice of two days to give himself up. After the notice was issued, his three sisters also moved to the court and told the court that even they had a share in the house for which the notice has been issued.
Earlier, five people were arrested in the case as they were known to be involved in the brutal bribe connection. The police have also arrested five sharpshooters from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar who fired on Ranjan on 13 May 2016. According to Bihar Police ADGP Sunil Kumar, the five men were involved in a contract to kill Mian.
However, Mian has denied and says that he has no role in the killing. He said, “I know nothing about the killing. I had no enmity towards the journalist.”
Family members of Rajdeo feel there is involvement of Shahabuddin in the murder. His wife, Asha Devi believes that he was murdered because he was a journalist and he had been writing a lot about the MP who was in jail. He also had clicked pictures in which Bihar Minister Abdul Gafoor and Shahabuddin were seen meeting inside the jail. Ranjan’s family had also demanded CBI probe into the case.
Ranjan, a journalist with over 20 years of experience and the bureau chief of the Hindi daily Hindustan was shot dead by unidentified men on May 13.