Update on 26 May, 2017: CBSE has declared JEE Main Result with Rank for both Paper 1 and Paper 2 today. The students can check JEE Main result and rank from cbseresults.nic.in. After one month of JEE Main Paper 1 result, CBSE has announced Paper 2 result.
Update from last month: JEE Main Result 2017 has been declared today, finally after keeping the aspirants in abeyance. Since yesterday night, lakhs of engineering aspirants who appeared for the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE Main 2017) to secure a seat in premier engineering institutions were waiting for the declaration of JEE Main results. The details of JEE mains result can be checked at the official website (www.jeemain.nic.in). Links to check the ranks and score are given below.
The results will unveil the score and rank in paper 1, which will based on the actual marks obtained by the candidates. Along with score and rank, the status of those students who will qualify for JEE (Advanced) 2017 will be made available.
The wait for about 12 lakh students, who took Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main examination earlier this month, has ended today. The exams were held on April 2 in offline mode, and on April 8, 9 in online mode.
Around 2.20 lakh students have been declared qualified by the Central Board of Secondary Education in JEE Main 2017 and will be eligible to take the JEE (Advanced) on May 21. The number of candidates qualifying (accepted eligible) for JEE advanced has been upped by 20,000 to 2,20,000 from 2 lakh in 2016.
A total of 11.98 lakh candidates had registered for the JEE main 2017. Of them, 10.15 lakh had opted to take the test in offline mode and 1.83 lakh had opted for the computer based online test. The male to female ratio in candidates who applied for JEE main 2017 is roughly 72:28 percent. The exams were conducted at 1,781 centers in 109 cities, CBSE has said.
Results and ranks:
Here are the JEE Main 2017 result, All India Rank (AIR), rank list and rank cards highlights.
- JEE results are available now at Official website www.jeemain.nic.in and www.cbseresults.nic.in. Candidates are required to login with their credentials to check the same.
- The results publication today is for paper 1 aspirants (B.E./B.Tech). Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Planning) exam results will come on May 27.
- This year All India Rank i.e., JEE Main rank list is also being declared today. Only All India Rank is considered for admission to IITs, NITs, CFTIs, SFTIs and others.
- The result and rank of JEE Main has been published online and the same will not be dispatched to candidates via post/courier. Candidates should visit www.jeemain.nic.in to download their score card/rank cards.
- Weightage to class 12 marks removed in preparation of JEE main rank list.
- The eligibility criteria for admission to NITs, IIITs and GFTIs has been tweaked a bit this year except IITs. For admission to these institutions, either a candidate must have at least 75% in class 12 board examinations or must hold a position in the top 20 percentile in the board exams. The rule applying to SC/ST students is that they are required to have attained at least 65% in class 12 exams or be in top 20 percentile.
After the declaration of JEE results, the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) would hold the counselling for seats to the undergraduate engineering on the basis of ranks. The counselling and admissions are done through a single window system at JoSAA website. The schedule of counselling and seat allocation would be notified later.
JEE main results out- check here.