3368 engineering seats to be filled through JAC Delhi; seat allotment today

jac delhi counsellingThe first round seat allotment results for JAC Delhi is scheduled to be announced today on . The counselling is underway for admission to 3368 engineering & architecture seats in 4 technical institutions, with maximum seats in DTU.

The organising institute NSIT will publish the allotment for Joint Admission Counselling Delhi 2016 on website www.jacdelhi.nic.in after 5 pm.

As CBSE published the rank list of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) on June 23, candidates were able to register for Joint Admission Counselling. The registrations closed on June 29 and candidates were required to fill their choices by June 29. Out of all seats available in these institutions, 85 percent seats are reserved for Delhi region candidates while remaining 15 percent seats will be filled under All India quota.

Centralised counselling admission to B.E. / B.Tech and B.Arch. programs in Delhi Technological University (DTU), Indira Gandhi Delhi Technical University for Women (IGDTUW), Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi (IIIT-D) and Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology (NSIT) is being done by NSIT through Joint Admission Counselling (JAC Delhi 2016). There are total 1797 B.E. / B.Tech seats available in DTU with the possible addition of more than 200 seats, 251 seats in IIIT-D, 367 seats in IGDTUW and 913 seats in NSIT. 40 seats in B.Arch offered at IGDTUW will also be filled through JAC Delhi 2016.

Admissions in B.E / B.Tech programs is being done on the basis of All India Merit Rank in Paper 1 of JEE Main while for B.Arch, it is being done on the basis of All India Merit Rank in Paper 2 of JEE Main.

As soon as the JAC Delhi Seat allotment result is announced, candidates will be able to take the printout of the provisional seat allotment letter through the official website www.jacdelhi.nic.in by logging into the site using Login Id (JEE Main Roll Number). All those candidates who will be allotted a seat as per JAC Delhi Seat allotment, are required to pay the initial amount of admission fee of Rs. 75,000 either by online mode of through eChllan by Cash at SBI bank branch. They then have to report to the allotted institute/university for document verification and fee payment receipt.

Those candidates who wish to take admission in the allotted seat itself, and do not consider for upgradation, can freeze the seat and they will not be allotted seat in the subsequent rounds. However, those candidates seeking admission in other than the allotted course and the college, can participate in the other rounds. The counselling will be done through three rounds, to be followed by a spot round.

JAC Delhi First seat allotment result will be declared after 5 PM on July 2 and candidates will have to report to the allotted institution as per the schedule by July 7. The seat allotment result of the second round will be declared on July 9, while spot round will be done from July 26 to 31.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *