A new chain of T10KT practicum /STTPs (Short Term Training Programs) under the sponsorship of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE), have been designed by IIT Bombay to educate teachers in counselling students, who are learning a matter through an online mode. Teachers who are participating in the same, will be given training in using chat forums, organizing illuminating instances, and assembling live interactive sessions for scholars in their individual colleges, who obtain such Online Courses. At the start, such classes will run alongside the analogous Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) offered by IIT Bombay. Applicants are likely to guide the students of their own college, who had registered for the corresponding MOOC. They are expected to accomplish diminutive weekly sessions for the students.
Teachers who are participating will get the usual Certificate from ISTE for a 2-week Short Term Training Program. It is to be noted that the substantial duration of each such Workshop /STTP, will be 10 to 12 weeks. Applicants will be required to put in a corresponding one day’s work (8 hours) every week. This work will consist of online and in person components. The online doings will be in form of homeworks.
The face-to-face component will be having two divisions:-
- The first one will be fortnightly, A-View congregation with IIT faculty (2 hours).
- The second part will be local counseling sessions with students from their own college (2 hours per week).
Besides, there will be no Remote Center occupied in these practicum. Each and every participant will therefore have to work from their respective colleges. There are no provision of TA / DA involved.
Teachers will be trained and appraised in:
- Fitting themselves into the platform for MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses).
- Organizing and posting answers in the debate forums.
- Arranging additional examples on diverse topics.
- Interpreting allocated audio records of video clips into a preferred Indian language.
Also face-to-face guidance through dialogue sessions (1 hour/ week) has been arranged that would contribute in interactive sessions with IIT faculty. Moreover, it would use A-View, for the advantage of those students belonging to the participants’ colleges, who have also enrolled for the subsequent course.
Course Content- Given below are the topics which will be taught to the students in the MOOC (WEE210.1x):
- Introduction to Signals and Systems.
- Properties, Definitions and Examples of Signals
- Continuous Time and Discrete Time Linear shift Invariant Systems
- System responses, Fourier Series, Fourier Transform, DTFT and DFT
- Laplace transforms, eigen functions, Poles and Zeroes
- State-space analysis, state transition matrix
- Sampling Theorem
- Application of Signals and Systems in Filtering and Communication
- Advanced topics : Short-time Fourier Transform and Wavelets
Teachers participating in this STTP are required to know these well. All the assignments will be correlated to efficient teaching of these topics. All the participants in this workshop are needed to submit the assignments in the stipulated pattern by IIT Bombay.
Faculty member- Professor Vikram Gadre, Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Bombay is the teaching Faculty.
Course features- The duration of this online course is ten weeks. The course is conducted online on IITBombayX website and it had commenced from 12th March 2015. Though the physical duration of each workshop /STTP, will be of 10 to 12 weeks, participants will get the usual ISTE certificate for a two week STTP. Participants are obligatory to put in an equivalent of one day’s work (8 hours) per week, which will comprise online and face-to-face interactions.