Gujarat University B.Sc Final Merit List released at gujaratuniversity.ac.in

Update on June 7, 2017: Gujarat University B.Sc. final merit list has been released today. The applicants are required to login to the University admission portal to check B.Sc. merit list 2017. Read below for more details on Gujarat University admission process for B.Sc. degree program.

Gujarat University will declare the final merit list for admissions to Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) today on June 7. The publication of B.Sc. merit list will commence the admission process across all the Science colleges for the academic session 2017-18. Over 9 thousand seats in B.Sc. programme are on offer this academic year across 25 colleges under Gujarat University. Gujarat University B.Sc. merit list will be published online at the University website www.gujaratuniversity.ac.in.

The Gujarat University Admission Committee had earlier released the provisional merit list for admissions on Saturday, 3rd June, after which the students were advised to check their marks, merit number etc. as mentioned in the provisional merit details. The students were also asked to contact the help centre in case of errors in the details by 5th June.

As per the reports, total 19,704 applications were received by the University for B.Sc. admissions this year. This indicates over 30 percent increase in the number of registrations as only some-15,000 had applied the previous year. There are 9,080 seats for B.Sc. in 25 colleges in Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar district. These include 3 government-run colleges, 7 grant-in-aid colleges and 15 self-financed colleges offering the course.

Around 900 applicants were not included in the provisional merit list published on Saturday as they failed to verify their documents after submitting the applications. The students were required to apply online and then appear for document verification up to 1st June. Based on the data received by the Admission Committee after the conclusion of document verification process, the provisional merit list was released.

The final merit list will be prepared on the basis of percentage of marks obtained by the students in the theory subjects in the qualifying examination. As per the schedule, Gujarat University B.Sc. merit list will be published at 8 pm on June 7.

The provisional merit list contained a number of toppers, including a student (Deep Patel) with 98% marks in HSC (Class 12). The official data says there were as much as 27 students in the merit list having scored more than 95% marks in HSC, apart from 172 students with above 90% marks and 1,163 with more than 80% marks. Further, around 2,930 students included in the provisional merit list had scored more than 70% marks in HSC exams.

The experts, including college officials believe that these students (top rankers) will not take admission in B.Sc. program and have just applied to be on the safer side. Once the admission process in engineering and medical colleges will commence, these students will leave the allotted seats and this will leave the colleges on the losing side, many experts said. To tackle this situation, the colleges have decided to admit more students than the actual intake.

Out of the total available seats, 70% seats are reserved for the candidates who have passed their qualifying exam from the schools of Ahmedabad & Gandhinagar districts. The remaining 30% seats are open for the candidates who have passed the qualifying exam from the schools located outside Ahmedabad & Gandhinagar districts. As per the category, the reservation policy enables 7% reservation for SC candidates, 15% for ST, 27% for Socially & Educationally Backward classes and 3% reservation for physically disabled candidates, on a condition that they are of Gujarat origin.

Admission process

Once the final merit list will be out for B.Sc. admissions on Wednesday, the Admission Committee will hold a mock round of admissions on June 12. The results of mock round will be announced on the same day, after which the students will have to exercise the choice of options for the first round of admissions from June 14 to 16.

The students will have to indicate minimum 15 choices of colleges, while the allotment of seat/ college will be done on the basis of merit, category and availability of seats, the information booklet mentions. The first allotment list for B.Sc. admissions will be out on June 21 and the students will have to report to the allotted college by June 25 for securing the admission.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *