In order to boost up education relation between India and Australia, the Union Ministry is soon going to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Australian Government. The proposal made by Government of India aims to intensify the existing relationship between the countries regarding educational structure of both the countries.
The MoU between the countries would increase the scope for Indian students willing to pursue their higher education from Australia in technical as well as professional fields. This would also help in mobility of students and faculties between these countries. Highlighting the important aspect of the MoU, a statement issued by the government indicted that this understanding will open up larger scopes in higher research and learning facilities between the institutions while considering joint Ph.D programs and providing joint degrees.
While addressing the Union Cabinet meeting, Communication and IT Minister, Mr. Ravi Shankar Prasad mentioned, “The cost of the cooperative activities under MoU will be funded on mutually agreed terms and will be subjected to availability of funds.” The meeting was chaired by the Honorable Prime Minister of India, Mr. Narendra Modi.
Given below are the few objectives, which were considered while signing the Memorandum of Understanding:
- The mutual understanding would help in the expansion of Education Council membership between these countries.
- Ensuring the free and easy mobility of the students as well as teachers in exchange programs and in case of internships.
- Credit transfer arrangements would be improved along with the recognition of educational qualifications between the countries.
- Encouraging seminars and joint ventures to promote skill development among the students.
- Making arrangements to link up institutions of both the country for higher learning and research facilities.
- Sharing of education materials for the betterment in the research fields and publications.
The officials certainly think that this initiative will deepen the existing relation between both the countries in higher learning and research fields. This will now open up brand new areas for mutual cooperation which would help in the development of both the nations in educational field.