Pune: The very first day of FYJC online admission Pune was marred by technical hiccups. The portal pune.11thadmission.net failed to load for initial four to five hours and was accessible only after 5 pm, many students reported. Also, the information booklets could reach all the zones by late evening. The errors were resolved by the Board and the website functioned smoothly today.
The Class 11th admission in the Junior Colleges of Pune is being done through the centralized online admission process. The online admission process for FYJC classes is applicable to all the recognized higher secondary schools/ junior colleges (Affiliated to MSBSHSE) in Pune and Pimpri-Chinchwad corporation area.
The admissions are underway for four streams of Junior Colleges: Arts, Science, Commerce, and HSVC (MCVC). There are four types of Junior Colleges based on the grant participating in the FYJC online admission 2017-18 process, which includes Aided, unaided, permanent unaided, and self-financed colleges. Based on the choice, the students can select any of the Co-Ed, Boys or Girls college. The medium of instruction in these colleges will be Marathi and English.
Considering the allotment of seats done last year wherein many students complained that they were not allotted the seats in their preferred college, the Board has pointed that such errors usually occur from the students’ end. Hence, all the students applying for FYJC online admission 2017-18 have been advised to study the information booklet carefully and follow the instructions mentioned therein while submitting the FYJC online application.
There will be four merit lists under the FYJC online admission 2017-18. All the merit lists will be declared on the basis of the merit, category, and the order of preferences filled by the applicants. The students can fill only one application for admission, while they are also restricted to select only one stream. The change in stream and/ or preference order of Junior Colleges may be permitted in the subsequent rounds of allotment. As per the guidelines, there will be no interview or test prior to the admissions to FYJC classes and all the students must compulsorily participate in FYJC online admission 2017-18.
Step-by-step guide for participating in FYJC online admission 2017-18:
- Purchase information booklet from school/ guidance center.
- Find Login-ID and password in the booklet.
- Visit your school to understand the admission procedure.
- Visit the website pune.11thadmission.net.
- Register through the ‘Student Login’ link available on the website.
- Log in using Login ID and password given in the booklet for first login. Immediately change the password for security reasons.
- Follow the screen instructions and proceed with the online admission step by step.
- After filling the part-1, proceed to fill marks, stream selection and college preference under Part 2.
- Click on CONFIRM button and get your admission form confirmed.