A recent news development from Srinagar can put several private coaching centers in the state of Jammu and Kashmir in deep trouble. The Director of School education has asked all the private education centers to approach it for registration within 7 days of the issue of the notification. The notification was issued on 10th January 2017, which gives the private coaching centers to complete their registration with the government till 17th January 2017.
The format of application for the registration is given on the official website of the Directorate of School Education, Kashmir. No applications will be entertained after the specified date of completion of application submission. The private coaching centers are also asked to regulate the timings of their coaching, following the cold conditions in the state on the account of the embarking winter season.
Apart from the given notices, there are several other reforms that the government has asked the coaching centers to consider. Some of these reforms include:
- The arrangement of proper heating arrangements to tackle the cold weather of the state.
- Establishment of separate toilets for girls and boys at the coaching center.
- Establishment of CCTV cameras at the coaching centers to raise the level of security at the locations.
- Deployment of police personnel to ensure the safety of these coaching centers.
- Provision for admission of 10 percent of the total population of the center to students coming from BPL (Below Poverty Line) families to provide them with free education.
All the private coaching centers are to abide by the strict foundation of rules laid down by the government and the authorities can initiate necessary actions against those private coaching centers which are not able to register or abide by the rules within the set deadline.
The Divisional Commissioner Baseer Ahmad Khan has also advised a team of people including Chief education officers and other district administration officers to inspect the coaching centers and their respective districts to verify that all the conditions laid down by the government for the operation of a coaching center are satisfied. Also, the presence of the teachers at the coaching centers is made compulsory during the inspection to ensure that the students are in contact with teachers who are well educated in their field of teaching.