For the academic year 2018 – 19, Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) will conduct Under Graduate Entrance Test (UGET) 2018 for admission to undergraduate engineering courses on Sunday May 13, 2018. COMEDK UGET 2018 entrance exam will be an online computer based test and will be held at centres across the country. The UGET exam is held for admission to engineering courses in COMEDK member institutions.
Presently about 150 Engineering colleges, who offer around 20,000 seats, are affiliated to COMEDK and utilise its testing mechanism for effecting admission to UG Program. Candidates from all over the country can appear for the UGET 2018 entrance examination.
The eligibility criteria for UG Engineering courses:
- Diploma candidates are not eligible to take the Entrance Test as there are no lateral entry admissions.
- The qualifying examinations prescribed for admission for B.E. is second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination recognized by State / Central Government.
- In the last two years of schooling, the child should have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with English as a compulsory subject.
- The General Merit candidates should have passed with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% in respect of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State).
The eligibility criteria for UG Architecture courses:
- There shall be no Entrance Test for candidates seeking admission to B. Arch Course.
- The candidates should have appeared for National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council of Architecture.
- In NATA the candidate should have secured minimum 80 marks out of 200 for both General Merit and Category students.
- The prescribed qualifying examination for admission to B. Arch course is second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects along with other subjects.
- The candidate can also have 10+3 Diploma recognized by Central / State Government and having obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka).
The Entrance Test is mandatory for all candidates seeking admissions to B.E courses in Member Institutions of COMEDK. A merit/rank is generated based on the candidate’s scores in entrance test only.
Test Pattern: There will be 60 MCQ each in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Hence the total questions to be answered by the aspiring candidates are 180. Duration of the test is 3 hours. The medium of Examination will be English Only. Each correct answer will be awarded 1 mark. There will be no negative marking for wrong answers. However, in the event of a tie in the test score the principle of least negative responses (Number of wrong answers) will be adopted. In addition, if required, other methods may be adapted to break ties.
Mock Test: In order to familiarise the students with the computer-based test, an opportunity in the form of MOCK TEST will be made available on the official website prior the conduct of the test.