One of the biggest engineering entrance examination in India – COMEDK UGET will be held on May 14, 2017, in multiple test centers across 153 cities. The undergraduate entrance test was notified on February 13 and the application process just finished yesterday. COMEDK UGET 2017 will be conducted as an online test for admissions in undergraduate engineering courses. You can also check details of Karnataka CET 2017.
COMEDK is the Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka which is responsible to ensure merit-based admissions in the member institutions. Earlier, COMEDK UGET used to be held for engineering and medical admissions, however, now the medical admissions will be done through NEET and the test will be limited to admissions in engineering courses only. COMEDK UGET 2017 is being conducted as a single exam for admission in 12 Uni-GAUGE member institutions, along with 150+ COMEDK member institutions which have around 20,000 seats to offer.
Unlike other major entrance exams, the applicants of COMEDK UGET 2017 will not have the facility to make corrections in the application form. It was already announced that the applicants must fill up the online application carefully and the request for change in any application data entered and submitted online will not be entertained.
COMEDK UGET admit card or Online Test Admission Ticket (TAT) will be made available for all the applicants from May 5. The applicants will have to download and take the printout of the admit card. It should be noted that no admit card will be dispatched either by email or post or courier or in person to the candidates under any circumstances.
Some key points to remember for all COMEDK UGET applicants:
1. The candidates will not be allowed to write the COMEDK UGET 2017 without the printout of admit card along with other documents indicated thereon.
2. The candidates are required to retain the COMEDK UGET admit card till the completion of admission process.
3. Candidates have to ensure that the invigilator of their respective center signs the admit card.
4. One should go through the instructions carefully after taking the printout of admit card
Checklist after getting the admit card or TAT: One should check the following things on the COMEDK UGET admit card:
- Test Admission Ticket Number (TAT number)
- Candidate’s name (as mentioned in the application form)
- Candidate’s address and contact details
- Candidate’s photo
- Test Center details
- Test timings
- ID Proof details
- Provision for sticking passport size photograph
- General instructions on TAT
The COMEDK UGET 2017 online test will comprise of total 180 questions given in English medium only. All the questions will be multiple choice and will carry 1 mark. The question paper will have 60 questions each from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Since there will be no negative marking, one can attempt as many questions as he/she likes, but the candidates should do this carefully as the number of wrong answers will play an important role in the determination of merit/ rank.
Stay connected with ExamsWatch for more updates on COMEDK UGET 2017.