Chanakya National Law University, Patna, the organizing authority of CLAT 2017 is yet to release the official notification of the test. The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is conducted for admissions in undergraduate and postgraduate courses at participating National Law University(s). With the latest inclusion of Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur, there are total 18 National Law Universities in India, while the admission test would be held for filling 2,252 seats in UG and 604 seats in PG programs.
CNLU Patna had announced the key dates of CLAT 2017 to Careers360, which mention that the notification will be published on December 25. Though, the same was not followed owing to technical issues as the official website of CLAT (www.clat.ac.in) stands inactive till now. The CNLU has updated CLAT 2017 page at its official website (www.cnlu.ac.in) that says the CLAT website will be active shortly.
The CLAT 2016 office was closed in July as per the schedule and CNLU was to take over the office for CLAT 2017. The aspirants are eagerly waiting to fetch the CLAT 2017 notification as the 3-month long application process shall commence from January 1. The entrance exam is scheduled to be held on May 14, 2017, at over 175 venues across 66 cities.
There have been some significant changes in the CLAT exam process as the CLAT core committee had taken the decision to introduce age restrictions in the exam. Dr. A Lakshminath, Vice Chancellor of CNLU and Chairman of CLAT core committee presided over the meeting held in October, after which the upper age limit was announced as 20 years for Bachelor’s course.
Based on the performance in the test, the candidates will be awarded All India Ranks and CLAT score will be accepted by various law schools apart from NLUs. There are 18 NLU(s) across the country :
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
- National Academy of Legal Study and Research University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR)
- The National Law Institute University, Bhopal(NLIU)
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
- National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL)
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
- The National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
- National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO)
- National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
- National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA)
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam (DSNLU)
- Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli (TNNLS)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai (MNLU)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur (MNLU)