The first indicative seat allotment list is getting published today for CLAT 2016. Common Law Admission Test was conducted on May 8 and the answer keys were released online on May 12, followed by results on May 23. Category-wise merit list was also released along with the CLAT results and further proceeding the counselling, first seat allotment (allocation list based on merit-cum-preference) would be published on June 1. In all, four allotment lists would be published and admission process would be closed on July 6. Candidates can access the CLAT 2016 allotment list at www.clat.ac.in.
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is an all India entrance examination, conducted by National Law Universities across the country. There are 17 participating NLUs in the CLAT 2016 and the test serves the purpose of shortlisting deserving candidates for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in these universities.
The 17 participating NLUs in the order of their year of establishment are:
1. National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
2. National Academy of Legal Study and Research University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR)
3. The National Law Institute University, Bhopal(NLIU)
4. The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
5. National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
6. Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
7. Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
8. Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
9. Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL)
10. Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
11. The National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
12. National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO)
13. National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
14. National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA)
15. Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam (DSNLU)
16. Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli (TNNLS)
17. Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai (MNLU)
9th edition of CLAT – CLAT 2016 was hence conducted by RGNUL, Punjab on May 8 and the publication of first CLAT 2016 allotment list would kick-start the online counselling process for admission to UG and PG courses offered in all 17 participating NLUs.
Based on the ranking in CLAT 2016 allotment list (first), provisionally selected candidates will be allowed to participate in the counselling process for which they will be required to deposit the requisite counselling fee of Rs 50,000 by June 10 in the CLAT office. The amount, thus deposited, will be adjusted under the admission fee payable at the selected NLU for each candidate.
The second allotment list of CLAT 2016 would include all candidates including the ones who who would not opt to secure admission in previously allotted university. The process would follow the same rule till the fourth and final allotment list to be published on June 29.
Candidates can access the CLAT 2016 allotment list here after the online publication today.
There are currently 1478 seats for grasp in all India quota for under-graduate courses out of which, 1169 are for unreserved and the rest are for candidates of reserved categories namely, 170 seats for SC, 104 for ST, 25 for OBC and for other reserved categories as well. Apart from All India quota seats, 506 more seats are available through state quota and 256 more for special categories. On a whole, CLAT 2016 offers 2240 undergraduate seats this academic year.
For post-graduation courses, there are a total of 632 seats including 518 all India quota seats, 75 state category and 39 for special categories. The seats are to be filled through this process of seat allocation.