April 04, 2017, 5 AM Update: Finally, APPSC group 2 screening results 2017 have been announced. Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) has published the group 2 results at it’s website (www.psc.ap.gov.in) at 2 AM (April 04, 2017). The group 2 exam was conducted on February 26th, 2017 against notification no. 18/2016.
APPSC also released a detailed write-up along with the news of group 2 results declaration. Here is everything from the issue and it is important since the commission has rejected/disqualified 12,641 candidates has initiated investigation against 3 candidates.
- As we had reported, a total of 49,100 candidates have been shortlisted to appear for Mains exam) which will be a computer based test) on the basis of screening test results.
- In case if two or more candidates did get equal marks, the candidate with Oldest Age will be considered shortlisted.
- The APPSC group 2 marks for screening test have also been released for all candidates.
- 12,537 candidates have been rejected in screening test results due to multiple bubbling, no bubbling and wrong bubbling. Their registration numbers have been displayed in a separate PDF at the commission’s website.
- 104 more candidates have been disqualified in the exam even though their marks were in the qualifying range. They have been rejected due to tampering of the group 2 exam OMR Sheets ( such as due to the use of whitener, blade or any other illegal method).
- APPSC has also said that 3 candidates were found to be involved in some kind of malpractice in the exam, and against those 3, an investigation is currently underway.
The update on results coming today is by keeping in view the recent update from the Commission. The Commission had said on Friday that the results are being prepared and the selection list will be published in three days, hence it can be assumed that the Group 2 screening test results will be out on Monday.
As for the qualifying marks in group II exam, the Commission has somewhat written a puzzled statement for preparing the selection list of screening test and that of mains exam. You can check that here.
Group 2 exam was notified last year by the Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) to fill 982 posts under Group-II services. These include 442 executive and 540 non-executive posts. Above 6.5 lakh aspirants registered for this recruitment exam and the screening test was organised on February 26. The Commission had published the provisional answer keys after the exam and subsequently, some revisions were done in it.
After assessing the objections received on the part of candidates, three questions were deleted by the Commission while two answers were corrected. The Commission may award full marks for deleted questions to all the candidates or it may also reduce the maximum marks from 150 to 147. Around 49,100 candidates will be provisionally selected on the basis of screening test results and will be eligible to take the Mains exam which is scheduled to be held in May.
The APPSC Group 2 exam result will be made available in the form of selection list comprising of provisionally selected candidates. The same will be updated on the official website of APPSC (www.psc.ap.gov.in).
Group 2 main exam will be conducted as an online exam comprising of three papers and is scheduled to be held on May 20 & 21, 2017. The Commission has already announced that based on the merit in screening test, candidates will be picked up in the ratio of 50 per one notified post for the main exam in order of general merit. According to that stipulation, out of those 6.5 lakhs who took the screening test, just over/under 49,000 candidates will be shortlisted to appear for mains examination.
Resources: Results here.