AP POLYCET 2017 would be conducted on April 28th and the candidates can fill the applications form before April 13th, 2017.
AP POLYCET is a state level entrance examination organised by the Andhra Pradesh state board of Technical Education and Training (SBTET). Held for the candidates who wish to take admission in engineering and non-engineering technical courses, this exam admits candidates in various technical courses based on the marks obtained in the entrance exam.
The exam would be conducted on 28th April this year at various centres around the state. The exam forms released on 22nd March, 2017 and will continue to be accepted till 13th April.
Important details are as follows-
- The application form are available online and will accepted through online mode only.
- No offline forms will be entertained.
- The application fees is Rs. 350 and has to be paid online.
- The exam will be a paper and pencil based test.
- The exam duration is two hours from 11 am to 1 pm.
- It will be a 120 marks paper including 120 multiple choice questions, each question carrying equal marks.
- No negative marking.
- It would be a class X level exam, including questions from Physics (30 questions), Chemistry (30 questions) and Mathematics (60 questions).
- Exam will be conducted in there different languages of Telugu, English and Urdu.
The eligibility criteria for appearing in this exam is-
Candidates shall be an Indian National belonging to the state of Andhra Pradesh. Candidates should have passed SSC examination conducted by State Board of Secondary Education, Andhra Pradesh/Telangana or any other examination recognised as equivalent there to by the Board of Secondary Education. Candidates belonging to NIOS/CBSE/ICSE/ other examinations recognised as equivalent to SSC by A.P. govt should have passed all the subjects including Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry with minimum of 35% marks in each subject.
Candidates who appeared or are appearing for SSC or equivalent examination being held in March/April 2017, and whose results are yet to be declared can also appear for AP POLYCET 2017. There is no age limit for appearing for POLYCET exam.
The exam results will be announced in the second week of May 2017 and the counselling shall begin in the last week of June 2017.