Annamalai University has invited applications for admission to Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) for the academic session 2015-2016.
- Applicant should be a Citizen of India.
- Overseas citizens of India, registered under section 7A of the Citizenship Act 1955 (Central Act 57 of 1955) are eligible to apply for MBBS/BDS courses subject to the production of proof of such registration.
- The applicants should have passed in all the subjects of the qualifying examination of the HSC examination conducted by the Tamil Nadu State Board/any other equivalent board.
- Applicant’s should have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st of December, 2015., i.e. he/ she should have born on or before 31st December, 1998. Proof of birth is required to be produced.
It is mandatory for the applicants to have passed in all the subjects of the qualifying examination of the Higher Secondary Course held by the Tamil Nadu State Board or any other parallel Board at a single sitting with the following group of subjects and securing minimum eligible marks.
- Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. (or)
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology with any other subject.
Applicants who have completed the HSC in the Vocational Stream and private Applicants are not entitled to apply for Medical / Dental Courses.
Applicants can get the application from by post from the Registrar, Annamalai University, by sending a request letter along with a Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favour of “The Registrar, Annamalai University”, payable at Chennai for Rs.1550/- including postal charges. Applicants can also apply through online mode and Prospectus can also be downloaded from the Annamalai University Website:- www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in/adm .
As regards online application, a Demand Draft (DD) of Rs.1500/- is required to be enclosed along with the filled-in application form towards the application fee. The filled-in downloaded application devoid of Demand Draft will not be accepted. The Demand Draft (DD) must be drawn in favour of “The Registrar, Annamalai University” and should be acquired on or before 10th of May, 2015 from any Nationalized / Scheduled Bank and payable at Chennai.
The filled-in application form along with the enclosures mentioned in the prospectus should be sent to “The Registrar, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar-608002” on or before 12th of June, 2015.
The candidates will be selected on the basis of merit and the rules of reservation. The candidates will also be selected on the basis the marks obtained by the students in the relevant subjects of the qualifying examination (Higher Secondary) program conducted by the Tamil Nadu State Board or other equivalent board.
Issue of Application forms starts from 14th May, 2015
Last date of Issue of Applications – 12th June, 2015
Last date of Receipt of Filled-in-Application – 12th June, 2015