Anna University announced TNEA rank list 2016- know what’s next

Anna University announced the rank list of TNEA yesterday. The University also stated that counselling for Tamil Nadu Engineering admissions in 2016 for general candidates will commence from 27 June.

1.31 lakh eligible candidates were considered while releasing the merit list out of which nearly 50% are first-generation graduates. Out of total 1,31,182 eligible candidates who applied, 1,29,031 are for academic stream and 2,151 for vocational streams.

Anna University was to publish TNEA Rank List 2016 for admissions in various disciplines of engineering and technology courses being offered at 571 Engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu on 22nd June and did do on scheduled time. The online application process was carried out from April 15 to June 4 by Anna University so that interested students can apply for the Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) through single window counselling system. TNEA rank order will be published at official site of university www.annauniv.edu/tnea2016.

Students will be allocated seats in B.E and B.Tech. degree courses in University departments and Constituent Colleges of Anna University along with Government, Government Aided and Self-financing Engineering Colleges.

anna university tnea rank list 2016The allocation of seats will be done as per the reservation rules, which implies 31 percent seats under open competition and remaining 69 percent seats reserved for seven categories namely, backward class; backward class Muslim; most backward class & denotified communities; scheduled caste, scheduled caste (Arunthathiyars) and scheduled tribes. 500 seats are reserved under sports quota.

Anna University will prepare a common merit list based on total 200 marks. The overall rank and community-wise rank list will be published in the official website mentioned above. A separate merit list for sports quota candidates will be released on June 23 and counselling for sports quota admissions will be done on June 24. Counselling for differently-abled candidates will be done on June 25.

General academic counselling will begin on June 27 and may continue up to 30 days.

Tags from the story
, ,

13 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *